#164 Cron in Ruby (revised)
Dec 29, 2011 | 6 minutes | Tools, Plugins, Deployment, Background Jobs
Cron is a common solution for recurring jobs, but it has a confusing syntax. In this episode I show you how to use Whenever to create cron jobs using Ruby. Some alternative scheduling solutions are also mentioned.
- source codeProject Files in Zip (78.3 KB)
- mp4Full Size H.264 Video (20.1 MB)
- m4vSmaller H.264 Video (9.84 MB)
- webmFull Size VP8 Video (7.52 MB)
- ogvFull Size Theora Video (27 MB)