GitHub User: jdickey
I'm on the third iteration of an alpha release for a system that, by 1.0, has been publicly committed to implementation as a service-component architecture. What I've got now is the result of a series of increasingly rushed three-steps-forward-two-back iterations, with the apps mostly breaking their faces against data formatting/communication over the wire.
The effort has been going on for some four months now. The first iteration used Grape around a couple of core components. Since we lost half our development staff, those components have been subsumed into the "traditional" Rails apps that now exist.
I just spent a couple of hours poking around with a greenfield prototype using RABL and got functionality working that took the then-larger team almost two weeks to get right.
I'll definitely be following the RABL project and making use of it in future. Thanks for the as-always excellent Railscast, Ryan! My Pro subscription is some of the best-spent money I can think of lately!